Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Loving ALL cultures...the Jesus Way!

Eddie Chambers,Baptist Campus Minister at Alabama State University, reminded me yesterday of how important it is that we as Christians go the extra mile to bring peace among all cultures here in Montgomery. He is working diligently along with students from that campus to not only LIVE a lifestyle that accepts and loves ALL people but continues to ask God to change their lives to be "peacemakers" among the people of Montgomery.



How about you? Are you a peacemaker as a Christian?

Read the words of Psalm 139 as a prayer today:

23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Prayer points for the week:

1. Ask God to help you identify your own feelings of prejudice and racism.

2. Ask forgiveness for the sin of racism and ask God to help you not be defensive about this issue.

3. Find someone who can help you see where you need to grow on this issue.

4. Pray for creative ways to engage people in your church in discussing the ways racism hinders our evangelistic efforts.

5. Pray for leaders in Montgomery to check their own prejudices and be compassionate and open toward one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment