Monday, July 29, 2013

We are ALL Racists! What?

WE ARE ALL RACISTS!! Shocking right? Actually, we are because we are fallen and sinful human beings. So, in a lot of ways, as humans, we are prone to be racists. When someone is a different culture than our own, we tend to see them as bad and us as good. Let's just admit it....we ALL do it, no matter who we are. Some of us do it in our thoughts, some out loud.

The good news however, is that through Christ, we can be redeemed from those thoughts. Here are two excellent scripture about "hate" and our own hearts. Ponder them this week.

 
1 John 2:9 "If we claim to be in the light and hate someone, we are still in the dark".

Psalm 139:23-24
"Search me, God, and know my heart;test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting".


As you pray for Montgomery this week,look around you and celebrate those who may be different in color or culture from you. We are ALL creations of God, so if that is true, we are to treat EVERYONE with love, grace and mercy. We are to embrace God's creation as he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment