Monday, January 13, 2014

HOPE

It was mentioned during church yesterday that people in Montgomery seem a little discouraged these days. So much is happening and not only are we dealing with crime and other "city" issues, there is much discouragement in our personal lives....death, disease, heartache, financial strain....._________________you fill in the blank with others!

 Our city and surrounding areas need HOPE. Are you and I willing to pray fervently for our city to KNOW hope in their lives? We should. As followers of Christ, we are called to pray and to communicate HOPE through our daily lives.

This week................pray for HOPE!
Read this from Psalm 42 today.....
this is what lack of hope looks like:

“O God my rock,” I cry,
“Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I wander around in grief,
oppressed by my enemies?”
10 Their taunts break my bones.
They scoff, “Where is this God of yours?”
11 Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?

This is the remedy for LACK of HOPE!
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again—
my Savior and my God!
(New Living Translation)

Pray for our neighbors and friends in this area to have HOPE this week. Be ready to be used as an "instrument of HOPE" as we

No comments:

Post a Comment