Monday, May 1, 2017

Praying to End Racism in Montgomery, AL

From Rick Warren, pastor of Saddleback Church.

Racism is an insult to your Creator. GOD chose to make each person the race he wanted them to be, including you.
Racism is a SIN problem, not a SKIN problem!
Racism is an expression of narcissism.


'Anyone who says 'I love God' but hates others is a liar." 1 John 4:20
"Anyone who does not love the people that we CAN see, CANNOT love God whom we do not see!" 1 John 4:20
"If you are nice only to your people, you are no better than everyone else. Even unbelievers do that!" -JESUS , Matthew 5:47
"Whoever hates others is walking around in darkness... and is completely blinded." 1 John 2:11
"Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and no murderer has eternal life in him!" 1 John 3:15
"I tell you this clearly: You must love even your enemies and you must do good even to those who hate you."- JESUS Luke 6:27
***************************************************************
Our challenge in Montgomery.......let us examine ourselves as Psalm 139:23-24 charges us to do and then ask God to change our hearts and minds to love ALL PEOPLE because ALL PEOPLE are God's creation. The way we treat people tells a lot about who we are.......
1. Pray for ourselves, for our hearts to be changed concerning the way we see people.
Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

2. Pray for others, that they will truly see Christ in us.
“I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it
is Christ who lives in me.”—Galatians 2:20

3. Pray for our city to be reconciled to Christ and to each other.
"And work for the peace and prosperity of the city where I
sent you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, for its welfare will
determine your welfare.” Jeremiah 29:7

As Followers of Christ, it is up to us to be able to take the steps to examine ourselves, change our actions and love others. It is not up to just the pastors in our churches, it is up to EVERY. FOLLOWER. OF. CHRIST. to act in a manner that is pleasing to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment