Monday, April 10, 2017

Holy Week

HOLY WEEK

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. – John 12:25-26 (NIV)

1. Pray for our city as there are many who need to make things right with Jesus, many who don't know Him and many of us who need to continue our journey to the Cross by asking for more understanding of getting out of ourselves.
2. Pray for our governor, Robert Bentley. Help him to come to a full understanding of his choices and accept the consequences. He has lost his wife of 50 years, about to lose his job and career, helped tear up two families and had many other losses I am sure. Pray for true sorrow and a turning around of his actions. Pray for our whole state right now as we all recover from a leaders choices.
3. Pray for all our leaders both in government and our community. They need wisdom and direction as the public is always watching and ready to devour.
4. Pray for ourselves. As followers of Christ, we are to "lose our life" EVEN MORE, every day. "Not my will, but thine" for our lives.

A musician, Ken Medema, whom I have admired all my adult life wrote this simple chorus when I was at a college student week back in the 80's. He reminded us that our lives are not our own and in order to "find" life, we have to lose it.
Finding leads to losing,
losing lets you find.
Living leads to dying
Death leaves life behind.
Finding leads to losing
That's all that I can say...
No one can have Life another way.
As we live life this Holy Week......let us lose OUR life and find TRUE life in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment