Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Praying in the Aftermath Of Irma

Praying for Irma Aftermath today.

As their state got pummeled by Irma, some Florida evacuees have been here in Montgomery, waiting on the go ahead to go back home to assess the possible damage to their own homes. Thank you to all who have helped get supplies to make their stay more comfortable.

HOW CAN YOU PRAY AND HELP during this time?
1. Pray for peace, for comfort in the midst of a storm, for each person here from FL to be able to cope with whatever comes their way.
2. Help. Donate to your favorite charity who helps with disasters. For Southern Baptists, here is the link to donate. 100% of your donation goes toward helping victims of the recent storms. LISTEN to what local orgs tell you they need. Don't assume you know. Sometimes, helping can hurt if we don't listen to what is needed. www.sbcdr.org
3. Do something kind for someone here in the Greater Montgomery area this week. You never know what they are experiencing. Their "disaster" may not be a storm or a terrorist attack(9-11-01)but a devastating loss or perpetual poverty or an addiction that is consuming them. Be kind. It WILL make a difference.
4. Help remind ALL those you come in contact with this week that God is our refuge, our rock during hard times.

He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
On God rests my deliverance and my honor;
my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before him;
God is a refuge for us.Selah
Psalm 62:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment